Wednesday 19 December 2012

12:10 - No comments

St.Kitts Rodent Recovery Day 3


Since my arrival in Basseterre, work has been absolutely endless! Almost immediately after I reached my hotel, I gathered with other scientists to establish our recovery plan. I also squeezed in some time to observe the squirrels from the two islands, and I took a few pictures to prove how identical they look in appearance.
Nevis Rodent

St. Kitts Rodent




The members of my department and I have decided to bring these animals from the island of Nevis to St. Kitts in hopes of mating them and restoring the population. 

…I still can’t help but speculate with whether the animals from each island are indeed of the same species. Thus, in order to determine this, the reproductive behaviors of these animals must be monitored.

Hey, when will I get a chance to go to the beach?

0 comments:

Post a Comment